Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheelset 2017
Redesigned for 2017 to better facilitate the use of 25c tyres. Making the rim slightly wider than before means 25c tyres can now be fitted with a more square profile for better rolling and aerodynamics.
Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheelset 2017 with redesigned front carbon hub is smaller and lighter. Smoothness from both hubs is ensured by the famous USB™ ceramic bearings. Oversize aluminum rear flange provides excellent torsional rigidity more efficient power transmission to the wheel.
Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheelset 2017 Features
• A carbon front hub with oversize flange is used creating a light weight but stiff hub. The rear hub is single piece aluminium for increased stiffness.
• 22.5mm rim width
• Differentiated rim heights – 25mm at front for optimal manoeuvrability; 30mm at rear for optimal power transfer
• Triple milling of the rim saves weight but also creates an aerodynamic profile.
• Fulcrum Dynamic Balance keeps the Racing zero wheels perfectly stable but is achieved in the rim milling process rather than spokes in the Racing 5.
• Fulcrum 2:1 spoke ratio on rear wheel double the number of spokes on the drive side for greater wheel stability and improved power transfer in the rear wheel. 16 radial aero spokes on front wheel 21 on rear.
• The Racing Zero wheels feature Fulcrums USB ceramic bearings which are 30% lighter 40% more resistant and 50% smoother compared to the steel bearings featured in the 3's 5's and 7's.
Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheelset 2017 Specification
- Tyre Type - clincher
- Weight - 1518 g.
- Rim details - Aluminium (6082, T6 Pre-Aging), triple milling, Square Milling
- Rim height - Front 27 Rear 30 mm
- Rim width (external) - 22,5 mm
- Rim width (internal) - 17mm
- Tyre Width - 25 mm to 32 mm
- Braking system - Caliper
- Braking surface - Aluminum braking surface, turned
- Axle – QR F/R
- Front wheel spokes -16 (8 left, 8 right)
- Rear wheel spokes - 21 (7 left, 14 right) Two to one
- Spokes - Aluminium aero, straight pull
- Nipples - Aluminium
- Front Hub - Carbon, Aluminium flanges
- Rear Hub - Aluminium, Aluminium oversize flange
- Bearings - USB ceramic bearings.Adjustable Cup & Cones bearing system
- XD Compatibility - yes
- Other info - Plasma treated HG freewheel. Aluminium Axle