Mavic Ksyrium SL Disc CL Wheelset
Renowned throughout the world, Ksyrium SL Wheelset is the benchmark for all aluminium wheel manufacturers and now totally overhauled and improved for this year. This perfect all-rounder is lightweight (100g lighter than the former Ksyrium Elite despite its wider rim) and durable as ever thanks to patented ISM4D technology. Mavic spokes also have a patented elliptical shape that can save 5 watts for added efficiency.
Mavic Ksyrium SL Disc CL Wheelset stiffness is optimized using Fore technology. The upper bridge is not drilled, so it remains strong and rigid and doesn’t require the use of a rim tape (another 30g saved per rim). The rim bed’s new shape makes it easier than ever to mount and remove tires, and Mavic UST Tubeless technology improves rolling resistance and grip while reducing the risk of punctures. New Infinity hub platform optimizes stiffness and power transfer with highly controlled spoke tension, while the Instant Drive 360 freewheel coupled with our automatic bearing preload adjustment (QRM Auto) delivers fast engagement and durability.
Mavic Ksyrium SL Disc CL Wheelset Key Benefits
- Superlight and durable for everyday performance
- ISM4D rim weighs only 400g
- Patented lightweight aero spokes and 22mm deep/19mm wide rims keep inertia low and control high
- Solid upper rim bridge eliminates the need for rim tape, saves 60g
- Laterally stiff, vertically compliant for a more dynamic ride
- Fore technology keeps the rim upper bridge solid to make the rim stiffer
- New Infinity hub plaform: stiff axle, durable bearings and new hub design guarantees wheel stability
- ID360 freewheel technology for improved power transfer
- Improved UST Road delivers more speed, comfort and control in an easy to use tubeless system
- No tubes means less friction, better efficiency and grip, a reduced risk of punctures
- New rim bed shape makes it easier to mount and change tires
- Fore drilling technology doesn't require the use of rim tape
Mavic Ksyrium SL Disc CL Wheelset Specifications
- Material: Maxtal.
- Height: 22mm.
- Joint: welded (SUP)
- Drilling: Fore (fully sealed rim with no rim tape)
- Tire: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 19 mm
- ETRTO size 25": 622x19TC Road
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, elliptical aero, double butted
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: 24 (front and rear)
- Lacing: crossed 2, contactless (front and rear)
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto).
- Body: aluminium.
- Axle material: aluminium.
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360 double ratchet system
- Front axle: 12x100 thru axle, easily convertible to quick release. Not compatible with 15mm through axles.
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release
- ASTM CATEGORY 2: road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesnn't exceed 120kg, bike included
Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm.
Mavic Ksyrium SL Disc CL Wheelset Delivered With
- UST valve and accessories
- M7 spoke wrench (delivered with rear wheel)
- User guide